Important Selling Rules
Selling CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Games & Books
All CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Games and Books sold to us are checked by our quality control team during our quality assessment process. musicMagpie will not make payment for, or return to the sender/seller/user any CDs, DVDs Blu-Rays, Games and Books delivered in the following condition:
- If ANY of the original disks from the original item are missing.
- If the disk in the case does not match the cover and / or sleeve notes.
- If some, or any, of the cover and / or sleeve notes are missing.
- If the cover and / or sleeve notes OR the disk are irretrievably damaged and cannot be refurbished e.g. the disk is cracked or very badly scratched or the cover and / or sleeve notes are water damaged, ripped or torn.
- If the cover, the disc artwork and/or the sleeve notes are defaced in any way.
- If musicMagpie suspects the product is 'non original' in any way. Please note, this matter is taken very seriously and musicMagpie reserves the right to take further action as appropriate regarding ‘non original’ recordings or fakes. Please see the conditions given herein these Terms and Conditions for more information about users sending or attempting to sell non-original, counterfeit or fakes to us which can be found in the section of these Terms and Conditions entitled ‘Selling Your Stuff'.
- If the barcode you entered on our website(s), mobile applications or online valuation systems for valuation is NOT identical and/or evident on the cover, disc artwork and/or sleeve notes of the item received.
- If no barcode is present we reserve the right to reject the item.
- If when quality assessed by our team we find that the CD you have sent to us and/or valued on our site, is in fact not a CD album but a CD single we reserve the right to fail that item and under our Terms and Conditions deal with that item as we do with all items that fail quality assessment.
- If any Game does not have all the original instruction booklets in addition to the original art work. If there is substantial damage to the front cover of the book. Please note that “substantial damage” is completely at our discretion.
- If you do not attach the label provided in your Pack & Send Guide to the Package If there are any missing, damaged or defaced pages. This includes those pages with annotation, highlighting or written notes/drawings of any kind.
- If there is visible damage or discolouration to the pages/cover of the book caused by liquid, mold or deterioration over time.
- If the item was originally supplied with any kind of cover for protection against damage/dust and this is absent when we receive the item.
- If the ISBN barcode number you entered on our website for valuation is not identical or evident on the cover, front or back, of the Item received.
- If there is significant damage to the corners/edges of the item that has been sent to us.
Where CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays and Games are rejected for any of the above reasons, musicMagpie’s decision is final. Users will be kept informed via email updates and by us providing updates to the relevant transaction within their musicMagpie online account, if one or more of their items have failed quality control.
- If any Game is sent to us that is of a format that we do not accept which is described below:
We only accept Games on the following formats: Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PSP and PS Vita. Individual Games on these formats will be accepted by title, and not all game titles will be accepted, regardless of whether they are on an accepted format. For clarity we DO NOT accept PC Games.
For CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays and games the prices offered to you by us are valid for twenty eight (28) days from the date that they are offered to you and you complete a valid transaction on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and after that period you understand, accept and agree that should we not process your items at our warehouse within the period (twenty eight (28) days) that the offer price is valid, that we may revalue your items. In the event that we do have to revalue your items, you hereby understand and agree to the ‘new offer prices’ following the revaluation, as determined by us at our sole discretion, and that we will process your items and your payment in accordance with the ‘new offer prices’ only. We will contact you, usually, via email in the event that this happens.
Selling Tech Products
All Tech products sold to us are checked by our quality control team or a quality control team of one of our nominated partners during the quality assessment process. If your Tech product(s) fail our quality assessment process it will be because the item that you have sent to us is NOT as you have described it when entering the details (providing the required information as prompted by us) of this item on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and therefore the information you have provided during the selling process to us does not match that gathered by our quality control team when reviewing the tech and/or Tech product(s) that you have sent to us.
Each Tech product(s) that you sell to us should match, where applicable, and, including but not limited to the, make, model, size, colour and condition that you ascribe it when using our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) to sell your Tech product(s) to/on musicMagpie. When we quality assess your Tech product(s) at our warehouse, or in a place nominated by us solely, we will use the Condition Specifications given below, which were presented to you on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) when you described the condition of the item to make sure that the Tech product(s) you sent to us is as you described it on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) when deriving a musicMagpie valuation/offer price for the item(s) you wish to sell. The Condition you described the tech product(s) to be in, when selling your tech product(s), to us on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) directly affects the price we offer for it and if we determine the condition to be different from that which you described we may offer you a revised valuation. For Tech, the prices offered to you by us are valid for fourteen (14) days from the date that they are offered to you and you complete a valid transaction on our webservice(s), website(s) and/or mobile application(s) and after that period you understand, accept and agree that should we not process your items at our warehouse within the period (fourteen (14) days) that the offer price is valid, that we may revalue your items. Details of what happens when we offer a revised valuation for Tech product(s) are contained within these Terms and Conditions.
All LEGO® sold to us is checked by our quality control team during our Quality Assessment process. Please ensure that all of the LEGO® you sell is a) authentic and genuine (i.e. not a different brand) and b) in a good condition. We have a right to reject and recycle any damaged LEGO® (including chewed, discoloured or warped bricks) we receive and make no payment for them. Any damaged LEGO® will be deducted from the final weight of your order, which may affect its value.