A chance 2020 meeting between top singer-songwriter/producer Mike Batt and singer-songwriter/entrepreneur Jean-Charles Capelli led to a chain reaction in which EMMY-winning writer and novelist David Quantick, legendary Marvel/DC comic artist Mike Collins and executives from leading online games corporation DUBIT created a dramatically interlinked world starring hypersensitive, reluctant protagonist Ace Hansel Jr. 'Ace Hansel Jr is a fictitious, B list, capeless superhero', says Batt. 'He lives in and looks after a dark and dangerous world based on a real French red light district familiar to Jean-Charles'.
When the two met, Batt was struck by the unusual imagery in Capelli's notebook and the duo used these pages as direct inspiration for the project.
1) Intro to a Whole New Day (1.28)
2) A Whole New Day (2.58)
3) Rainbow Maze (3.35)
4) Hot Dog Wine (Feat. Paula Masterton) (2.47)
5) Bury Me in Tahiti (3.32)
6) Loneliness Potion (4.39)
7) Get Ratface (3.26)
8) The Moon Over Muscat (4.09)
9) Croix-noire (Theme) [feat. Florence Rawlings] (5.01)
10) The Runaway (4.54)
11) You Set Me On Fire (3.27)
12) Psychiatrist and Client (Feat. Paula Masterton) (0.37)