Konnichiwa from one of the most fascinating countries on earth.
Whether you want to see cherry blossoms in Kyoto, speed through the countryside aboard a shinkansen, or shop til you drop in futuristic Shibuya, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all Japan has to offer.
Japan is a land of contrast - think tranquil zen gardens and peaceful pagodas, neon-lit cities and robot restaurants. Our annually updated guide brings the country to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of Japan's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of Japan, from Tokyo to Kyoto, Okinawa to Osaka
- our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Planning a city break? Try out DK Eyewitness Tokyo or our pocket friendly DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo.
Experience the world with DK Eyewitness.
DK Eyewitness' highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Winner, Gold Award, Top Guidebook
2020 Wanderlust Magazine Reader Travel Awards