A total, interactive beginner's guide to HTML and great Web page design
If you'd like to create your own unique presence on the Web, but don't have the slightest idea of how it's done, then this amazing interactive guide is for you. Not only does it teach you HTML from square one, it also gives you an opportunity to learn great Web page design from the creator of the Cool Site of the Day(TM) award. And, because The Project Cool(TM) Guide to HTML combines a book with an interactive Web site, you learn by actually doing it! No technical experience and no special software or equipment are required. All you need is a sense of adventure and access to a computer with a Web browser (like the kind found on AOL, Prodigy, or any of the online services).
The book covers:
* How to design your own fun, interactive Web page
* How to write text for your Web page
* How to prepare graphics for a Web page
* How to create cool special effects with simple HTML commands
* How to use the newest HTML commands from Netscape and Microsoft
* What Shockwave, VRML, and other new technologies are all about.
At the Project Cool Web site, you'll find:
* Interactive HTML forms that let you enter HTML code and see the results immediately
* New HTML techniques and tricks not covered in the book
* Links to Cool Web pages that you can explore.
TERESA A. MARTIN is an interactive media guru and cofounder of Project Cool.
GLENN DAVIS is a celebrated Web developer and creator of the Cool Site of the Day(TM) award. Dubbed the "King of Cool" by Newsweek, he is cofounder of Project Cool, a Web site full of resources and advice for Webmasters.