Solid and rigorous writing practice material for Year 6 children to work on throughout the year in preparation for Common Entrance 11 Plus tests and pre-tests.
Give pupils the best chance of success in Pre-Tests and 11 plus exams with varied and thorough writing exercises. This write-in workbook for pupils aged 9-11 provides 25 activities covering a wide range of writing techniques and forms, with tips and advice.
- Express ideas fluently in writing
- Use appropriate vocabulary, tone and structure for a range of writing needs
- Learn to write in a variety of forms, including a book review, a news report, non-fiction and poetry
Also covers: accuracy and appropriateness in writing, presentation of character, use of dialogue, arguing a case and almost anything needed to write in school, for exams or in everyday life.
Also available from Galore Park www.galorepark.co.uk:
- Spelling & Vocabulary Workbook Age 9-11
- Reading & Comprehension Workbook Age 9-11
- Grammar & Punctuation Workbook Age 9-11
Susan Elkin is an award-winning journalist who has taught English in five different secondary schools, both independent and state, most recently at Benenden. She is the author of over fifty books including CE English Books 1 and 2 and has written extensively for most national newspapers and for many magazines and websites. She was education editor at The Stage from 2005-2016 and reviews a great deal of theatre. Read about Susan's early classroom experience in her 2013 e-book Please Miss We're Boys.