Sign up to the musicMagpieStore to be the first to hear about the latest offers, competitions and product information!Sign up now
A Practical Link Between Decision Support Systems Theory and Practice! This hands–on text goes beyond models and data to show you exactly how to offer the critical support companies need to thrive. The author focuses on how you can use what you already know about programming and modeling to develop systems that provide effective decision support. This indispensable resource:
* Presents topics on three levels: general theory, implications for DSS design, and code development. This arms you with practical examples you can adopt into your own systems design.
* Spotlights relationships among the underlying theory, the implications of theory to DSS design, and the actual coding of DSS.
* Highlights how applications can vary from country to country due to language and cultural differences. A separate chapter (7), International Decision Support Systems, illustrates some of the challenges associated with transnational systems.
* Puts you at the cutting edge of the field with a unique chapter on Object–Oriented Tools and their implications for DSS design and development.
* Shows you how to incorporate your ideas into the business environment (including platforms and software).
* A website will be available featuring cutting edge technology to update the material, demos, and links to companies and practitioners