Signum competition terms and conditions
The following rules apply to your participation in our 2017 ‘Signum’ competition (“Competition”). By submitting your entry and by entering the Competition you agree to these rules.
- To enter: No purchase necessary. Internet access and a Facebook account required to participate. To enter via Facebook: Like the musicMagpie Facebook page and then answer the question in the competition post by leaving a comment on the post.
- All valid entries will be automatically entered into the prize draw. Entry is limited to one single entry per person. Duplicate entries will be invalid and disallowed. Entry made via a third party (including by use of an automated service) is not permitted. An entry sent in this way will not be valid. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion.
- Promotion period runs from 10th October 2017 to 17th October 2017 at 23:59. All entries must be received within this time and by 23:59 on 17th October 2017.
- Entry restrictions: The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, or if you are under 18 years of age, you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent. Employees of the Promoter, or their agents, families and suppliers, or anyone connected with the Promoter are not eligible to participate, including staff in store.
- Prize: One winner will be chosen from valid entries made via Facebook. The winner will receive a CD copy of ‘Mahler: The Complete Symphonies, Nos. 1 – 9’, recorded by the Philaharmonia Orchestra led by Lorin Maazel.
- Prize Draw and notification of winners: Three winners will be chosen at random from valid entries from Facebook. The random draw shall be verified by an independent adjudicator, whose name shall be available on request. The winners will be notified via Facebook within two weeks of the Competition end date and must respond to the notification within 48 hours. All entrants must ensure that they are contactable on the same social media account or email address used for entry. If a winner fails to respond within 48 hours the winner forfeits their right to any prize and the Promoter will select an alternative winner. Any further selection of winners will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The prize is as described in these rules. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for the non-receipt of any entry and cannot be held liable for system failures on the website or for any failure by third parties to fulfil their obligations or for any acts or omissions outside the control of the Promoter although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of any such failure. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry for any reason at its absolute discretion. Please allow 7-10 working days for receipt of your prize. This is an estimated time frame for delivery of the prize and is subject to availability at the time of the draw being made.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these rules at any time, or to withdraw the Competition altogether for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in connection with all matters arising from this Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility, liability or any consequences whatsoever for participating in this Competition or the prize offered in relation to the Competition. This Competition is governed by the laws of England and in the event of any dispute the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Promoter reserves the right to seek and issue publicity on behalf of the winners. By entering the Competition, the winners agree to participate in publicity as reasonably requested surrounding the Competition.
- Note in relation to Facebook: This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.