How can I sell my mobile phone?
- To trade in your mobile phone, simply tell us what you want to sell for a FREE instant price.
- When you're happy with your mobile trade-in value, pack your phone into any box and send it to us for FREE.
- You'll get paid for your mobile phone trade-in the same day it arrives.
It really is the easiest way to sell mobile phones!
Why should I recycle my mobile phone with musicMagpie?
musicMagpie is the best place to sell your phone!
You can even recycle broken mobile phones for cash with us.
We’re the UK’s most trusted mobile phone recycling service, with an 'Excellent' rating on Trustpilot based on over 180,000 reviews. We've also won Best Recycling Service at the What Mobile Awards four years running and the TechRadar Mobile Choice Consumer Awards two years running!
We pay the best price for a huge range of phones, helping you to get the best possible deal for your device. You'll get paid on the same day your phone arrives too, giving you cash to spend sooner!
Finally, you’re guaranteed to get the best price we offer or we’ll send your phone back for FREE.
What condition should my phone be in for a trade in?
We buy working and damaged phones, so you can trade in with us even if your phone has seen better days!
Just select the condition of your phone from the options below when trading it in and we’ll tell you how much money you can make for it:
Good: your phone is fully functional with no major damage. Your phone may have some light wear and tear.
Poor: your phone is fully functional with no major damage, but it may have major wear and tear such as scuffs, dents and deep scratches.
Faulty: Your phone has software and hardware issues, major physical damage or water damage.
Please select the condition of your phone carefully when you trade in as we’ll have to regrade your offer price if it’s in a different condition to the one you chose.
If your phone is regraded, you can request back for FREE thanks to our Tech Price Promise.
What devices can I trade in?
You can trade in phones from a huge range of manufacturers, including:
Can I trust mobile recyclers?
We can only speak for ourselves, but we’re proud to offer a safe, reliable and simple way to recycle old phones.
Here are just a few of the great reasons you can trust us with your phone trade-in!
- We’ve won Best Recycling Service at the What Mobile Awards 5 years running. We also won Best Recycling Service at the TechRadar Mobile Choice Awards in 2018 and 2019.
- We’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot with over 180,000 verified reviews.
- We’ve paid out hundreds of millions to our happy customers.
- We'll give you the best price we offer for your phone or return it for FREE thanks to our Tech Price Promise.
How do I sell my mobile for the best price?
We will always offer you our best possible price when you sell your phone. There are a few quick and easy things you can do to get even more though…
- Sell your mobile phone as soon as possible: the value of a phone depreciates over time so it pays to sell as soon as you can to get the best price.
- Lock in the best price: we'll lock in the price of your phone for 21 days, so value it even if you aren't ready to sell.
- Look after your phone: take good care of your phone as you can sell it for more if it’s in great condition!
We’re so confident we offer the best deal that we sometimes don’t appear on phone trade in comparison sites, so make sure you get an instant valuation for your phone with us first!
Plus, you’ll get the best price we offer for your phone trade-in or we’ll return it to you for FREE thanks to our Tech Price Promise!
Can I sell my broken phone?
Yes, you can sell your broken phone - and it's easy too! If your phone has cosmetic and water damage, just select the Faulty condition when getting your valuation.
Please note: we can’t buy phones that have been snapped in half, bent or crushed, or phones with missing or broken components.
Can I sell my old phone? Will you definitely buy it?
Yes, we buy old phones! The easiest way to find out if we're buying your phone is to search for it using our valuation engine. Alternatively, the phones you can sell are listed at the top of this page.
Although we can't buy every phone, we try our best to buy as many old phones as we can. In short: if your phone is on our site, we’ll buy it!
So if you want to trade in an old mobile phone, just tell us the make, model and condition for a FREE instant price. Then, send your old phone for FREE and you'll get paid the same day it arrives. It’s the quickest and most convenient way to sell your old phones!
Do you buy phones from all networks?
You can trade in phones from all of the UK’s major networks, including:
We pay more for unlocked phones though, so it’s worth unlocking your handset if you can!
How do I wipe my phone before selling?
It’s easy! Just follow the links below to find out how to wipe your phone:
How to safely reset your iPhone before selling
- Select ‘Settings’ and tap ‘iCloud’, then click on your name.
- Click on 'iCloud', scroll down and click 'Find My iPhone'.
- Turn Find My iPhone off then enter your Apple ID password.
How safely to reset your Samsung
- Tap the ‘Apps’ icon and open ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Accounts’, ‘Samsung Account’ then select your email address.
- Tap ‘more’ in the top right corner, select ‘Remove Account’ then tap ‘Remove Account’.
- Enter your password and confirm, then select ‘Remove Account’.
How to safely reset your Android before selling
- Open ‘Settings’ then ‘Backup & reset’.
- Select ‘Factory data reset.’
- Select ‘Erase phone data’.
- Tap ‘Reset phone’
Whatever phone you’re selling, we use the industry-leading software PhoneCheck to securely and remotely remove all data - so you can rest assured your data is safe with us.
What will happen to my phone?
We’re passionate about protecting the planet, which is why we refurbish or recycle every phone we buy.
In most cases, your phone will be refurbished by our expert technicians and resold to a new home.
If your phone is broken, we’ll recycle it responsibly and use the parts to help give other phones a second life.
Either way, selling your phone with musicMagpie helps to reduce e-waste - it’s smart for you, smart for the planet!
How much is my used phone worth?
The value of your phone depends on a number of factors, including the condition its in, whether it's locked to a network, how much storage it has and the current market value of the phone.
We’re currently pay over £500 for the latest iPhone, while the newest Samsung could make you over £400!
The easiest way to find out how much your phone is worth is to get an instant valuation. Just tell us the model, condition and storage of your handset and we’ll tell you how much it’s worth!
If you’re selling an iPhone, you can find our latest valuations using the links below:
We highly recommend selling your phone as soon as you can to get the best possible price and beat the effects of phone depreciation!